Monday, October 7, 2019

Grateful All Around




When I saw the Tidings All Around set, with coordinating All-Around Wreath dies, I first thought Christmas.  But after playing a little with it, I knew it would make a fabulous Fall/Thanksgiving card.  Take a look:


And with the "weathered brick" background, doesn't it just look like something you would see on a country farmhouse this month?

I used my favorite Designer Series Paper, See a Silhouette, for the leaves, cutting them out with the wreath dies.  A base of Garden Green (also cut with the dies) helped me layer a lovely wreath.


The dies also include the "sprigs" and the "branches", which I cut with Merry Merlot and Gold Foil, and then they were woven in among the leaves


Itty Bitty Greetings provided the perfect sentiment when stamped on a frame cut with the Ornate Frames dies.  I simply threaded a piece of Linen Thread through the ends and wrapped it around the front of the card.


Although the color is slightly off in this photo, you can really see the weathering of the brick background.  I inked the Brick and Mortar embossing folder with Whisper White Craft ink, inserted my Merry Merlot cardstock, closed the folder and ran it through my die cutting machine.  This adds the ink to the "mortar" and some of the bricks, giving it that weathered look.  LOVE!


This is an easy card to reproduce, so I think I'll be making several for my greetings to family and friends this Thanksgiving season.

If you like my card, I would so love you to vote for it.  Click the link.  I'm number 13.  Thanks!


Product List



2 comments:

Helen Jennings said...

I love this. Such warm colours

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thank you, Helen; I love fall colors!