Thursday, October 3, 2019

Welcome Little One

When we sold our house last spring, we knew that the couple who bought it was expecting (they had just found out).  This week we are visiting our old community, and we dropped by our old house with a little baby gift.  Naturally I "needed" to include a hand-made card:


I thought Animal Outing would be a cute set to use, as I love the kangaroo with the koala bear in her pouch!

This is a "fun fold" card, a slight change to the usual 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" size, although that IS the size of the card.  I cut my Soft Seafoam cardstock to 4-1/4" x 11", but I cut 2-3/4" off the front piece, flipped it on its side, and used that as the front panel.


My "roo" was stamped with Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Crumb Cake blends (I had to research colors of kangaroos!).   I used Smoky Slate for the koala.

Happily, Animal Outing has coordinating dies, so it was a piece of cake to cut out my image. I was also able to stamp the branch (colored with Shaded Spruce) and cut it out (I had to "dismember" the little frog that was sitting on the branch--he just didn't fit on my card).



A little careful masking gave me my sentiment (the words are actually "Welcome Little One" but I had already cut the "Welcome" from Well Written dies).


Opening the card, you can see how the front panel works.

My colors are Soft Seafood and Shaded Spruce.  The gingham check on the front is from the Subtles Designer Series Paper Pack.


We dropped our gift off at our old house this morning; I also left a little something for this baby's big brother, who we got to know during the house-selling.  Come back tomorrow to see the card I made for John.

Thanks for visiting!


Product List







No comments: