Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Patriotic Vases

When a customer recently purchased the Varied Vases bundle (stamps and punch), I had to  make her a thank you card.  I know she loves red, white and blue, so I was happy to create something that I knew she would love:


Blueberry Bushel, one of the newest In Colors for 2018-20l, is such a great color!   I used it as the card base, and then added my customer's other favorite colors.


There is a layer of Whisper White on top of the Blueberry Bushel.   Then I cut an oval in the In Color Designer Series paper, which measures 5-1/2" x 3".  I also cut a skinny, scalloped Frame, using the Layering Ovals Framelits dies.


The "shelf" was stamped before adhering the DSP to the card front, using Blueberry Bushel ink.  I added two Real Red strips to the DSP (on each side).  Then I laid down the DSP, and adhered the scalloped frame.



The vase was stamped with Blueberry Bushel and punched with the coordinating Vases punch.  This punch can also create the tulip - I stamped it in Real Red and punched it out.  Same goes for the leaf--I opted to just stamp the outline of the leaf and punch it.

The sentiment was inked in Versmark and embossed with White Embossing Powder for a little extra pop!


I know I'm a little late for a 4th of July card, but I thought I'd share anyway.  I DO love these colors!  Pick some up for yourself, along with Varied Vases (get the bundle and save 10%); click on the photo below and go directly to my online store.


Product List

No comments: