Sunday, July 8, 2018

Inspiration Sunday - a "Causeway Card"

For those of us who live in the Sacramento region of California, we are very familiar with the "causeway".  This elevated road between Sacramento and Davis (where I live) keeps the traffic flowing during the rainy season when the area below it floods (if we're lucky enough to get rain 😒); and in the summer it provides us with a lovely view of growing rice fields.  So when we were driving to Sacramento the other day, I saw this scene:




I thought, "Granny Apple Green!"   I love the vibrant green of the crops and the curved channels for watering.  And the huge sky!  (Which is filled with smoke right now from the Yolo fire, about 15 miles from my home).

And of course, I had to make a card...


I took a little "artistic license" and made the water channels horizontal instead of vertical (from my photo), but I really liked how it came out.



I started with the tree from Rooted in Nature.  I inked it up with Granny Apple Green, colored over the trunk with a Soft Suede marker and then, using a Sponge Dauber, dabbed on some Shaded Spruce ink.  This was stamped on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the Nature's Roots Framelits dies.


I sponged the sky on Whisper White, using Pool Party and Balmy Blue inks, and leaving some white space to look like clouds.

Using a piece of designer series paper from the Tropical Escape pack, I tore the paper to mimic a hillside.  Then I cut some Granny Apple Green cardstock with the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits to make the "channels".  

This panel was adhered to a Shaded Spruce border; Linen Thread was wrapped and tied in place.  Then it was added to a Whisper White panel and to the Granny Apple Green card base.


To complete the card, I stamped the leaves from the same set with Granny Apple Green and cut them out, and the "Hugs" from Sunshine Sayings--this was punched with a 3/4" circle punch and added to the front with a Glue Dot.


And that's my Sunday Inspiration for you this week.  

Are you ready to make a "causeway card"?  All products used are listed below.

And don't forget, designer series papers are on sale for the month of July -- Buy 3, Get 1 FREE!  A great time to grab some of these gorgeous papers!




Product List







No comments: