Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Animal Outing and a Fun Fold

Here's a little different card using Animal Outing, one of my favorite new sets from Stampin' UP!



This card that still fits in a standard envelope.  Isn't it fun?


I started with a piece of Gray Granite cardstock that measured 6" x 5-1/2".  I scored on the short side at 3" to create the card.

I stamped the leaf motif from the set using Shaded Spruce ink on Shaded Spruce cardstock, and glued it to the base of the card.


The giraffe was inked with Tuxedo Black and stamped on Whisper White; next came the leaves and the frog.  Then the wildlife were colored with Stampin' Blends; I used Blender Pens and Shaded Spruce ink for the leaves.

Once done, I cut out the image using the Layering Circles Framelits; I also cut a larger one with Gray Granite.  I was careful to adhere this circle to the top of the card, but ensuring the card, from top of circle to bottom of card, was no bigger than 4-1/4".  That way it still fits in a traditional envelope.


I must mention that Animal Outing has a set of coordinating framelits dies, Animal Friends, which I did not use for this card.  But you can purchase the stamps and framelits as a bundle, saving you 10%, and who doesn't like to save money?

This card was sent to my grandsons, who live in Maryland, but are currently visiting us in California. We picked them up Sunday, and today we are taking them to Disneyland!  Ethan is 7 and Jake is 5; and my other grandson, Nate (also 5) came up with our daughter from San Diego to join us.  What fun we're going to have!



Thanks for dropping by today; if you would like to purchase any of the supplies used, please click on a photo below and go directly to my online store.  And if you have questions, I'm only an email away!

Product List





No comments: