Sunday, March 18, 2018

Finding Inspiration

It's often surprising where you can find inspiration for your cards.  I found mine in a bookstore.  Yep, I was in a bookstore on a Friday night, listening to some music (its was during the Davis Art About, where merchants open their doors to artists and musicians) and as I wandered, I happened to see a painting on display.  I mentioned to my husband, "I can make one of those" and snapped a photo:


It instantly reminded me of the wonderful Waterfront stamp set, currently offered in the Occasions Catalog.

So I came home and started playing...and when I showed it to my husband, he started laughing--in a good way.  What do you think?


I was pretty thrilled with my effort!


I started with the small panel.  I wasn't sure how it would come together, but after I saw it, I decided I really needed to make it into a card.  It was pretty easy to line up the outer edges and re-stamp them.


The mountains and island in the distance were stamped with Perfect Plum.  The water is Pool Party and the trees are Garden Green.  The sky was a bit of a challenge, using only the stamps (it would have been easier to do a watercolor wash), but adding some So Saffron and stamped-off Melon Mambo to a Soft Sky base satisfied me.

So what do you think?  Did I capture the feeling of my inspiration?  I think so...won't you leave me a comment and let me know?

Don't forget - Sale-a-Bration is coming to a close.  Less than two weeks left to catch some of those fabulous FREE offerings.

Do you need inspiration?  Why not check out these cards, previously presented; click on the link to read about them.  Then place your qualifying order and pick up some of those goodies!

Amazing You



Springtime Foils


Celebrate You Thinlits Dies








Party Pandas


Party Pandas




Eclectic Expressions and Springtime Foils




Springtime Foils


Springtime Foils

Product List

No comments: