Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Wednesday's "What's On the Desk?"

I going to try something new.  On Wednesdays I am going to let you have a peek at my creative (and not so much) process.  Each week I'll take the left-over pieces from the previous week - those poor orphaned pieces that didn't make the final "card cut" - and use them on a project.  This is where I'll stretch my abilities and see what I can do thinking outside the box.  It's Wednesday's "What's On the Desk?"

So here we go:


I have been playing with the wonderful Myths & Magic Suite and have some really cute cards to show you.  But more on those later...

This is what I had left over from my endeavors, and I hated to throw these pieces away.  So here's what I did:


I started by laying my square frames on my desk until I liked what I saw - a three-block pattern.  I chose a Basic Black card base, 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored in the middle at 4-1/2" to create the card.

My Pear Pizzazz and Daffodil Delight layers were picked after I decided what I was going to do (stay tuned...), and then I took a piece of the Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper for the final layer.  The squares were then glued down as seen in the photo.

Since I had the sentiment (in the top right corner in the photo above) I stuck with the Magical Day stamps.

And here it is, almost done:


Love that dragon!  He's been colored with the Old Olive and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends (light Daffodil and the light and dark Olive), along with a little Wink of Stella sparkle.

Glamour shot:



But the card seemed a little unbalanced with just one Glitter Dot on the sentiment...

Done!

So what do you think of this venture?  Is is worth seeing my leftovers turned into cards each week?  Please let me know if I should continue.  Your opinion is important to me!

Product List

4 comments:

Sue Heekin said...

Love it...so glad you are showing us how to be creative with the left-over bits!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Sue! We card-makers know that there are always leftover bits, and I am going to try to be creative with mine so they don't go to waste. I'm hoping that eventually others will share their creations with me so I can post them to this blog.

Rob I said...

wow that is one awesome creation from leftovers. TFS

Stampin' Amigos said...

Oh thanks so much, Rob! I appreciate the comment. This DID challenge me a bit, but fortunately I had been playing with the Magical Day stamps, and the card just came together.