Thursday, March 8, 2018

Help Me!

So if you've been following me lately, you know that I just returned from a trip to the East Coast (Cape Cod, MA) to visit my elderly parents.  While there we had a Nor'Easter (a BIG storm) and lost power for 3 days.  The house got to 49 degrees, and we spent three days wearing our parkas INSIDE the house!  Happily we got a bit of respite one evening when neighbors with a generator invited us for dinner, and we spent 3 warm hours with some wonderful folks.

And then I came home...and got deal with another mess...

While I was gone, we had our second floor re-carpeted.   And since I had to completely dismantle my craft room in order to have the carpet laid, we decided to have the room painted as well.  So here is what I got to come home to:

 1.  Cleaning out the room

2.  Empty!

3.  Storage - we moved most of the stuff into our two upstairs bathrooms.  Here's the "kid's bathroom" (which fortunately we use rarely now that the kids are gone):


and my favorite - our master bath:



Fortunately I was gone throughout the work - I don't think I could have coped with my bathroom having a narrow path from door to sink, to toilet room, to closet and shower! 

So when I got home at 1 a.m. on Wednesday morning, I fell into bed.  When I got up, my husband was already moving things into my craft room (he was sick of scooting around all my "stuff"!).  And I spent the entire day putting things back together, and am nearly done! 

Stamps and punches are neatly organized:


My desk area still needs some work:

This is where I keep my stamp pads and other supplies, but may have to be rearranged:


The "cutting, scoring and Big Shot station" with my ribbons above - still needs some work!



Let's just hope I can find everything when I sit down later today to try to create a birthday card for my sister! 

No comments: