Sunday, March 25, 2018

Inspiration Sunday

Last week I shared this card, inspired by a painting I saw in a bookstore:


Today I have another card inspired by something I saw:


This pretty china was featured in a catalog from Sur La Table, and it was so lovely that I wanted to recreate it in a card.

What do you think?


I pulled out nearly every flower stamp I have and started inking them up.  Jar of Love, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Painted Harvest and the FREE Sale-a-Bration offering, Lots of Lavender were used in a variety of bright colors to mimic the pattern in the china.

All the flowers were initially stamped on a single piece of 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White cardstock.  But as I started playing with the layout of the card, I decided to slice the piece into three strips.  Although I planned to adhere them to Melon Mambo and then to a Thick Whisper White base, I found I liked the strips layered just on the pink.  Striking, don't you think?


Yup, inspiration is everywhere--take a look around and see what inspires you to create.  I'll be sharing my Inspiration Sunday each week; come back and see what else has tickled my fancy!

Product List

2 comments:

Sue Heekin said...

Absolutely beautiful...well done!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Oh thank you, Sue! I appreciate the comment!