Saturday, July 11, 2015

Isabella's Birthday

Today is Isabella's birthday...my granddaughter is becoming a teenager.  I haven't had the pleasure of watching her grow all 13 years, as she only entered my family 3 years ago.  But she is a lovely young lady, and she appreciates my crafting!  So I had to make her something special:

Build a Birthday is such a fun set, and was one of the first on my "had to purchase" list from the new catalog.  And it works great with the Cherry On Top Designer Series Paper Stack.


My sweet little love note card is 3" x 3"; the base is Cucumber Crush, with a layer of Whisper White.  Strips of the Designer paper were added and I stamped the little flags and sentiment using Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush.  This was punched out using the 2-1/2" Circle Punch and popped up with Dimensionals.  A Whisper White Bakers Twine bow is the finishing touch.  And of course a matching envelope of Watermelon Wonder Envelope Paper, made with the Envelope Punch Board!

Then a gift bag (with a little bling - necklace - and a gift card to her favorite place to shop); this was such fun to make with the Gift Bag Punch Board and Cherry on Top DSP:

You're So Sweet is a stamp set made to go with the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies, but it was the perfect set to dress up my gift bag.  I first stamped the label in Cucumber Crush and cut it out with the Treat Bag Thinlits dies.  I then stamped it again (masking the "just for you" in the center) using Crushed Curry ink and hand snipped around the border.  The "happy birthday" is from the Tin of Cards stamp set, and was perfect in Watermelon Wonder ink.


See those sequins?  LOVE!!!  They are now available in Blushing Bride as well as Bermuda Bay

This gift set is on it's way to San Diego to wish Isabella a wonderful transition to the teen years!  Happy Birthday, sweetheart!

All products can be purchased here.
Go make something!

No comments: