Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Swap Card

When the new Stampin' UP! catalog arrived in May I planned my annual open house and came up with a few projects to spotlight new stamps.  One of these projects was a tag, using the Floral Wings stamp set and new In Colors.  Everyone enjoyed making the tag, and I was left with one extra, sitting on my desk for 2 months.  Until today!  I decided to give this tag a purpose and turned it into a card:


The tag was a piece of 'just-a-smidge-less-than' 2" of Whisper White.  Inserted into the Scalloped Tag Topper punch, the piece has a perfect top, including the ribbon hole.


We stamped the vase in Memento Tuxedo Black ink directly on the tag, and then again on a piece of scrap card stock.  This was snipped out and set aside.  We then stamped the leaves/stems using Cucumber Crush ink, and added the little rosebuds using Watermelon Wonder (stamping one full strength and another without re-inking).  Then the snipped vase had a piece of Whisper White Bakers Twine tied around it, and was adhered on top of the stamped one, using Dimensionals.

Today I took the tag and dressed it up for a full sized card.  The base is Watermelon Wonder.  The first layer is Whisper White, with two corners rounded and a strip of Neutrals Color Collection Designer Series Paper (Basic Black with polka dots to match my vase).  A piece of Cucumber Crush cardstock, with rounded corners, went through the Big Shot with the Zig Zag Embossing Folder, is adhered with Dimensionals, and my tag was added to the top.

This will be one of my swap cards for Convention--I hope the recipient enjoys it as much as I do!

All items can be purchased here.

No comments: