Thursday, July 9, 2015

Finally! Something Creative!

So I've been absent a bit of creativity lately and I apologize...thanks for stickin' with me!  I first went to visit my parents, then got back and immediately started prepping for some classes.  And since I'm going to the Stampin' UP! Convention in about 2 weeks, I've been busy making samples for an organized swap I joined.  AND I had a birthday and an anniversary to celebrate.  So although my mojo has been working overtime, I haven't had anything on my blog to show for it.

Today's the day!  I found time to photograph before mailing my daughter and son-in-law's anniversary card, and here it is:

I saw a similar layout on Stampin' Connection and knew I could translate it into a pretty anniversary card.

I started with the small top panel - Whisper White, and used my "vintage" Expressions Thinlets to cut out the word "love".  I then cut the word two more times, using Coaster Board (I passed right over this in the catalog, and fortunately backed up and decided to try it!).   I layered all three words (Whisper White on top) using my 2-Way Glue Pen.  Then I nestled the word back into the cut out space of the top layer of the card (which was adhered to a slightly larger piece of Basic Black).

Just look at the dimension:
 (And if you try this at home, be sure to save the "innards" of the letters, so you can place them back into the cut-out space).

The rest of the card is easy:
A piece of Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper, again layered on Basic Black, one more layer of Whisper White (4" x 5-1/4") all on a Basic Black base (4-1/4" x 11").

The final bling is some black and Silver Glimmer paper hearts, cut with the heart punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack as well as a few from the Owl Punch, and called it done!

The inside sentiment is from the new Timeless Love set and the font is terrific!





And of course, a matching envelope, snipping a piece of the Everyday Chic DSP to add to the back flap:


Happy Anniversary Aly and Brandon!

All items can be purchased here.



No comments: