Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Convention Swaps

By the time you read this, I'll be on my way to the Stampin' UP! Annual Convention, Inspire, Create, Share.  I always have such a blast at these yearly get-togethers (with about 2500 of my closest friends!  Ha!)  And I'm sure this year will be no different...except for one thing--IT'S THE LAST ONE!  Yes, sadly for me, Stampin' UP! is changing their format for "conventions" and this will be the last one as we currently know it.  <sniff>

The good news is that there will still be times when demonstrators will get together to share creativity and excitement of new products.  And the first one will be in San Diego in November.  So if anyone wants to join me, now would be a great time to become a demonstrator.  Click here, and hit the "Join the Fun" button to get started.  You won't be sorry!

When I go to Convention one of the highlights is to swap samples with other demonstrators.  This gives you an opportunity to appreciate what others do, get ideas and show off your creations.  I never do very well at creating multiples of the same card, so over the next few days I'll share some of the samples I am bringing to swap.

First up:  Watercolor Wings

This beautiful stamp set is a 3-step stamping set.  Which means that you layer on colors by stamping over a base.  I know you've seen this card before (here) but I want to show you the versatility of the same stamps in different colors.  Take a look:

I'm making five of the same card, but wanted to change up the colors.  I started in the lower left--this used So Saffron, then Crushed Curry, and finally Tangelo Twist.  For the butterfly above it, I used Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist and Real Red.  The upper right butterfly was initially stamped with Blushing Bride, then Melon Mambo and I ended with Rich Razzleberry.  For my favorite, I used Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon and Perfect Plum.

Now for the cards:

All the cards are very simple, yet very pretty

A Brick Wall-embossed background, "just for you" stamped in coordinating color on one of the "bricks", and the butterfly (cut with Butterflies Thinlets die, mounted over a coordinating color) adhered using Tombow MultiPurpose Glue and Glue Dots.

The final additions are a few White Perfect Accents, randomly scattered on the "wall".

What do you think?  Will convention-goers like my swaps?  Well no worries; I only have 5 of these; check back this week to see what else I've created to exchange with attendees.

All items can be purchased here.




1 comment:

bonniemon said...

Have a wonderful time!!