Friday, July 24, 2015

Come to Cenvention With Me

Yes I'm in Utah at the annual Stampin' UP! convention.  C'mon along and see what you missed on Day 1:

We got to pick up our Convention Bag between 8 and 10 a.m.  Since I knew it would be a zoo there at 8:00 ( some demonstrators lined up as early as 7) I waited until 8:30.  The line was still long, but moved very quickly.  And while I was waiting I scored a Leader-to-Leader pin--something on my convention bucket list! 

I got my bag:
How cute is that?!  Gray flannel messenger-style bag with really cute button trim.  AND it had a brand new stamp set from the new Holiday Catalog inside!  Woo Hoo!

Anybody recognize this guy?
Yes, I got to take a selfie with Brian King--a top 100 demonstrator and whose blog I regularly stalk. 

Now this was just before the doors opened for the Convention Kick Off:
Crazy, huh?  And do you see who is standing just about right next to me?  Mary Fish!  Another Top 100!  Wow--great company!

The doors opened and we all rushed in.  It's so fun to see all the employees of Stampin' UP! lined up to greet us.

The Main Stage.

After a number of classes ( I got to make a tag and some cards--more pics soon) I also stopped by the Paper Pumpkin booth and got to "skip to the fun":
Literally!  Haven't played hopscotch in about 40 years, but I still remembered how!

I also got an award--I've been a demonstrator for 10 years, and was celebrated with a pin and a trash can (really!--a collapsible trash can like the ones I use in classes) stuffed with goodies!  So nice!

I also got to play with new products--can't wait to show you!  

Dinner with friends, Awards Night, and then back to the hotel, totally exhausted.  Tomorrow's another day!





No comments: