Sunday, July 26, 2015

Convention Swaps

Today was the end of Stampin' UP!'s 2015 Convention...sniff, sniff.  There was a discussion about the business end of Stampin' UP! (it's a VERY stable company!), some talk about how to improve communication to demonstrators and some stamping.  Great project ideas for the upcoming Holiday Catalog (to be released September 1st) and then there was Prize Patrol!  And everyone ended up winning--Woo Hoo!  I won a new stamp set, Acorny Thank You, along with some fabulous Crumb Cake 1-1/4" Striped  Grosgrain Ribbon.  And there was another All-Attendee Give Away--a package of Season of Cheer Designer Series Paper; can't wait to cut into that!

And I finished swapping ALL my swaps!  Since I have not had time to download any photos from today, I'm going to show you one more of the swaps I brought--this was a popular one:

The layout was VERY loosely modeled after one on a Paper Craft Crew challenge.  The stamp set is Gift from the Garden.  I also used the Brick Wall Embossing Folder, which was sponged with Crumb Cake Ink to give it some depth and texture.


The colors used include Lost Lagoon, Early Espresso and Watermelon Wonder.  I carefully inked just the flower pot in Delightful Dijon, inked the stem with my Cucumber Crush marker, and stamped so that I could place a punched heart on the Burlap Ribbon.

And what swap discussion is complete without the "cards to infinity" photo:

All packaged up and ready to go (and now they're gone!).

All products can be purchased here.



No comments: