Monday, June 9, 2014

Retirement (and I don't mean stamps!)

This time of year, the word "retirement" brings to mind stamps and accessories, as a new catalog is released and we say goodbye to those being "put out to pasture". 

But today I'm focusing on an actual "retirement"--a doctor with whom I've worked for 15 years is retiring from his practice.  I needed a card to wish him well, and I found something on Stampin' Connection (a demonstrator only web site with thousands of samples), but now I can't find it and will not be able to give that person credit.  But the card was perfect!


 I began with a Whisper White base.  I stamped World Map in Staz On Black ink on Whisper White, and cut it into for panels.  Each was mounted on a slightly larger piece of Basic Black card stock, and they were carefully lined up and adhered to the card base. 

I stamped the sentiment from Starburst Sayings two times using Staz On ink, and snipped out the W-O-R-L-D from one of them.  Then I ran the other through the Big Shot, using the Starburst framelits, and added this to a circle of Basic Black.  And my little "W-O-R-L-D" banner was popped up with Dimensionals.

The little "thank you" was done the same way (Starburst famelits and circle punch).  Then, after adhering a strip of 3/4" black Chevron Ribbon, the sentiments were added.  I also took an arrow from Essentials Wooden Elements, pressed it onto a Versamark pad and sprinkled on black embossing powder.  After heat setting, this was added to the front with Mini Glue Dots

The inside had to be special too...so I "embossed" the outer edges by turning the card stock upside down and scoring with my Simply Scored board

The sentiment from Really Good Greetings and Teeny Tiny Wishes were lined up with my Stamp-a-ma-Jig for perfect placement and stamped in Staz On. 

I wish him well, and hope you enjoyed this card. 

All supplies can be purchased here.

Basic Black 3/4" Chevron Ribbo