Thursday, June 12, 2014

Perfect Anniversary Card

My brother and sister-in-law will be celebrating their 31st wedding anniversary today!  There are not alot of people who can brag about being married that long.  So of course I needed to make a special anniversary card.  I turned to a vintage stamp set that hasn't seen much ink (insert frownie face!). 

I LOVE this set, Perfect Couple.  The cute "mr. & mrs." complete with mustache and lips make me smile.  I started with a base of Smoky Slate, running it through the Big Shot with a retired embossing folder (left over from Sale-a-Bration).  I then took a piece of Soft Sky (another item without much airtime!) and ran it through the Big Shot using two framelits at once--the smaller "photo" from the Project Life Cards and Labels set and the word bubble from "Word Bubbles". 

I then stamped the "mr. & mrs." using Basic Black and Melon Mambo Stampin' Markers to ink it up; this was on a scrap of Whisper White paper, which was then adhered to my card front. 


The Soft Sky piece was popped up on Dimensionals, centered over the "mr. & mrs.".  Then I stamped "happy together" in Staz on Black and cut it out with one of the frames from the Project Life Cards and Labels set.  The little arrow comes from the Labels Card Framelit set, and the heart was punched using the new Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack heart punch.  So ca-ute! 

And of course, what's a hand-made card without an adorable envelope to match?

I added a flap overlay using a piece of  Designer Series Paper in  Smoky Slate from the Neutrals Color Collections Paper Stack, and then stamped just the mustache and lips on the back of the envelope.  I'm sure my brother and sister-in-law will chuckle when they see that!

All supplies can be ordered here.

And let's get creating.



1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

How lovely anniversary card!! I have never tried such things but for my wedding anniversary party I have been thinking to make DIY crafts and invitations. We would be hosting the sunshine themed party at one of the event venues in LA so was just wondering if you could help me by sharing some invitation card ideas.