Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Simple Single Layer Card

Do you ever need a card in a snap?  Occasionally I suddenly need a pretty card that won't take me long to create.  And I found this on LeAnne Greff's website (Flowerbug's Inkspot).   It was so striking (and simple) that I had to try one:





This was done on a Whisper White notecard (which makes it even easier!).  Already pre-cut and scored, and comes with an envelope, it's ready for stampin'.  Using post-it note paper to create a mask, I lined them up with about an inch in between.  Then, grabbing my stampin' sponges, I began sponging color (Blackberry Bliss) from the bottom towards the middle.




Without removing the post it notes, I sponged Tangelo Twist from the top towards the Blackberry Bliss, overlapping and blending in the middle. 

Take off the mask and stamp an image from Serene Silhouettes using Staz On Black

Add a sentiment and off you go!  Easy peasy, and oh, so effective.  Thanks, Leanne, for the lovely idea!

All supplies used can be ordered here




And let's get creating!



No comments: