Thursday, June 19, 2014

Happy Birthday, Dad!

My Dad's 87th birthday was last week!  He jokes that he has no idea how he got that old...and you'd never know he is by looking at him.

I always make my cards for family, and I had lots of new toys to play with.  So this is what I created:




I loved the stamp set, Big News, when I first saw it.  Such fun phrases for all those special occasions.  So I used "it's your birthday" as a starting point, along with the wonderful Maritime Designer Series Paper (love!).  I carefully stamped the phrase in Versamark on Night of Navy cardstock, and embossed it using White Embossing Powder and my trusty heat tool.  This was layered on a slightly larger piece of Whisper White cardstock.

Next I made a banner using Whisper White and Real Red (run through the Stylish Stripes embossing folder), and added that to a piece of Real Red that was embossed with the Chevron folder.

 In order to distress this piece, I lightly dragged a Whisper White craft pad over it, then cut out "D-A-D" using my new Little Letters framelits.  Punching out another piece of Maritime using the Banner punch, I added these with a bow of White Bakers Twine to create a mini banner.

The base of the card is Whisper White with the "sailors knot" DSP in Navy; all layers were added with Dimensionals.  Finally a little arrow was cut twice in White and Red, using the arrow from the Label Card Framelit.

Inside--more toys!
"enjoy the fuss" and the little candle are from Big News, while the Happy Birthday is from Occasions 4 You.  I used the Simply Scored board to score lines around the edge--I think embossed edges make such a nice addition.

And finally--an envelope.
The Envelope Punch Board makes it so easy to create envelopes for unusual-sized cards.  Maritime DSP made matching the card easy peasy!

Happy Birthday, Dad!  I love you!

All products can be ordered here.

And let's get creating!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me.
Funny Happy Birthday Card Messages for Nephew

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Nathanael; I hope you'll visit again soon!