Monday, August 30, 2021

Merry Monday with Christmas Season

 Time for another Merry Monday, and if you saw my last post (here) you might recognize something in this card:


See that Brick & Mortar embossed background?  When I was preparing my card packs for my Cards-by-Mail earlier this month, one of the cards used a brick-embossed background with a circle hole in it.  Well, while I was getting cards ready, somehow (not paying attention) I ran one of the pieces through the embossing folder facing the wrong direction - instead of a vertical card, I embossed it horizontally.  

DOH! 😬

But I figured I would keep it around and after I got all my card packs in the mail, this piece was still sitting on my desk.  So...


Happy Accident!  I pulled out the beautiful Christmas Season Bundle and the Christmas To Remember stamp set and started to play.  

I lined up the circle over my Thick Very Vanilla card base, and stamped the greeting with Cherry Cobbler ink.  Then I added a few of the pine boughs from Christmas Season.  Once the stamping was done, I adhered the Brick-embossed cardstock over the card base using Dimensionals.


The pinecones were stamped and cut with the Seasonal Labels dies (purchase the Christmas Season Bundle and save 10%), and then I stamped and cut the holly leaves/berries.  They were all added to the card front with Liquid Glue and Dimensionals.

I finished with some Simply Elegant Trim (in gold--there are two spools in the pack, one silver and one gold, perfect for the holidays) and some Sequins for Everything.


I'm so glad I had that DOH moment!  I couldn't be happier with this card, and will probably make more for the holidays.  

What "happy accidents" have you had?  

Product List

No comments: