Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Birthday Fishes

 It's birthday month in my family with 4 birthdays over 2 weeks.  And today is my daughter's special day.  When I made this card, it wasn't intended for her - I was just having fun - but my husband thought it would be perfect for Aly, so...


I had the large fish sitting on my desk after playing with the fabulous Sea Life dies.  When I put it against a piece of the retired Whale of a Time patterned paper, it came together, but wasn't yet a birthday card.  Just a fish in the water.  

But then I was looking at the Whale Done stamp set, and found the greeting "Hoping all your birthday fishes come true", and inspiration struck!  



I had just gotten the Sale-a-Bration Counting Sheep set with the coordinating Sheep dies and there was my party hat!  Perfect!  So I cut a few more little fishies, stamped and cut the hats, and broke up the sentiment to get "Birthday Fishes".  Ha ha!  I loved it!

And inside:


It can be such fun to mix and match stamps and dies to find a way to use them in a different-than-expected way.  Take a look through your stash and see what you can find!



Product List

No comments: