Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Strong of Heart

 On page 5 of the July - December 2021 Mini Catalog, you'll see a lovely stamp set called Strong of Heart.  It's a benefit set - for every set purchased, Stampin' UP! will donate $3.00 to support heart health.  As a former Emergency Nurse and having a family with heart issues in their old age, I wanted to support this very worthy cause.  When I got the stamps I realized that the main heart image is just beautiful, and although the greetings are ones we could use to support others ("here for you", "stronger than you know") I felt it was a perfect set to celebrate love.  So here is an anniversary card I created for my niece and her husband:


Lots of new products on this card!  Let's start with the stamps.  Of course there's the heart image from Strong of Heart.  But since I wanted to celebrate the anniversary, I chose the "love" stamp from Create with Friends--it was a perfect fit!  I used Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen inks and colored in the flowers with Polished Pink blends.


I also used my Blending Brushes to add some Soft Succulent ink around the edges of the paper.  


And check out that tiny scalloped pink border - I used the long strip of hearts from the Floral Heart dies.  This is what is left when you cut the hearts, and I thought it was too pretty to throw away, so I cut 4 strips and added them around the white focal piece.  Then it was mounted to an Evening Evergreen square.


The background paper is the In Color DSP and that gorgeous double bow was made with my favorite new ribbon, the 3/8" Open Weave Ribbon in Soft Succulent.  

Check out Strong of Heart and make a difference in the support of heart health!  


Product List

No comments: