Monday, May 11, 2020

Poppy Gifts

Am I the only one with lots of left-over Designer Series Papers?  Somehow, as we get near the end of the current catalog, I find I have heaps of paper that I have been hoarding using sparingly, and now will be retiring before I get to use it!  ðŸ˜®  So I've been playing with different ideas (and copying some from others) trying to use it all up.

Here's a simple gift card holder that you can make with smaller pieces of designer series paper.


Although I can't recall where I saw this, I believe it's a CASE (Copy And Share Everything) of another demonstrator's card.  But I love the designer papers, and the simple poppy stamp.

Starting with a piece of Basic Black cardstock, cut the paper to 5-1/2" x 7", scoring at 4-1/4".  This creates a standard size card, but with a shorter "flap" on the front.  DSP is adhered to the top flap, and Whisper White and DSP are added to the inside:


However, the DSP is only adhered on the two sides and along the bottom, leaving a pocket:


Such an easy gift card holder!

Why not try this with some of your left-over DSP; it's a great way to use it up, and is sure to encourage a smile from the recipient!

Here are your measurements:

Basic Black cardstock:  5-1/2" x 7", score at 4-1/4"
                                       2-1/8" x 3-3/8"
Whisper White cardstock:  5-1/4" x 2-3/4" (for the inside)
                                            2" x 3-1/4" (for the stamped image on the front)
Designer Series Paper:  5-1/4" x 2-1/2" (for the front flap)
                                      5-1/4" x 1-1/2" (for the inside - use Tear & Tape Adhesive on each end and
                                                                 along the bottom edge)

Now get ready to make someone smile!


Product List



No comments: