Monday, May 4, 2020

California Poppies


Today I'm participating in Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlights Blog Hop, and I have a lovely card to show you.  There are a number of participants in the hop, and I hope you'll take the time to visit the various sites and also to vote for your favorite cards.  The winners get to showcase another card in another hop later in the month.

You can vote for your favorites here.

And now on to my card.  I moved to Oregon last year from California, and something I miss are the California poppies that are in full bloom every spring.  They make the mountains look like fields of gold and are breathtakingly beautiful.  So here is my rendition:


I love bright colors and the Pigment Sprinkles (sadly on the retiring list) were the perfect colors to satisfy my need.  So I pulled them out and soaked a piece of Watercolor paper, sprinkling on the Daffodil Delight and the Mango Melody powders.  The colors absolutely exploded!


Cut with the Poppy Moments dies, along with the Basic Black outlines, these are so bright and gorgeous!  Adding some Granny Apple Green leaves (embossed with the Subtle embossing folder) only makes the colors pop more!


Lots of layers - A Basic Black card base has a popped up layer of Basic Black, embossed with the Scripty embossing folder.  Then there's a layer of Vellum, embossed with the Layered Leaves embossing folder.


And finally, another layer of black - this time embossed with the Brick & Mortar embossing folder that I first inked up with White Craft ink, to make the mortar lines stand out.  This was cut with the Stitched So Sweetly stitched, scalloped rectangles, and added over the Granny Apple Green ribbon.

My greeting is from Label Me Bold, another retiring set 😞.


I feel like I've taken a trip through the California mountains!

Thanks for visiting today; please be sure to check out the other contestants and place your vote for your favorites (I'm number 34! 😊).


Product List




3 comments:

Kylie Bertucci said...

Pricilla this card is breathtaking! Thank you for being part of my International Highlights this month. All the best with the voting.

Shannon Fralish said...

I live in San Diego and the blooms are amazing -- and so is your card! Thanks so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This is the exact "look" that I have been searching for! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Glad that I bought the Sprinkles before they were gone.