Friday, May 22, 2020

Graduation Day

Graduating seniors are not participating in traditional cap & gown ceremonies this year.  But that doesn't diminish their accomplishments!  Our granddaughter, Isabella, is one of these seniors, so I wanted to make a special card commemorating her achievement:


I had a great time making a half-page of "scrappy strip" stars using all the shiny papers in my stash!  I cut strips of Gold Foil, Silver Foil, Black Foil, Copper Foil, Gold Glimmer, Silver Glimmer, Rose Glimmer and Sparkle Glimmer papers, then adhered them to a piece of Basic Black cardstock.  Then I ran it through a die-cutting machine with the Stars dies (now retired) to get all these sparkly stars.


So shiny!


Using the soon-to-retire Hand-Lettered Prose dies I cut out the letters with Basic Black cardstock, and layered them over Copper Foil, after embossing it with the Subtle embossing folder.

And see that greeting?  That is one of the new phrases from A Grand Kid, coming in the 2020-21 Annual Catalog on June 3rd.  I heat-embossed it on black cardstock with Copper Embossing Powder.


I had a few stars left over so they were added to the inside, along with another heat-embossed sentiment from A Grand Kid.

I love the way this card came out, and I suspect Izzie will too!



Product List




2 comments:

CLAndrade said...

Holy Cow, Priscilla! Mad skills here! Such a great and creative idea!

Priscilla said...

Thanks so much, Christine! I love the Scrappy Strip technique and using all the shiny papers just make the stars pop!