Monday, February 10, 2020

Easy Tulip

I saw a card on Mary Fish's Stampin' Pretty blog and wanted to CASE it.  But once I started putting it together I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.  So here is my card - Mary's with my own spin:


Mary's style is very clean...and it ended up being a little too "clean" for me.  I like a bit more texture and less white space, so I first added the Basket Weave background.  I think it really adds to the card.


I also found the plain Granny Apple Green background a bit plain, so I stamped some of the Timeless Tulips stamps in Granny Apple Green after stamping off one time.  It's a subtle difference, but makes it a little more interesting.


But what drew me to the original card was the tulip, layered on Whisper White squares - so pretty!  And SO easy!  Using the Tulip Builder Punch, I punched one of the flowers in Lovely Lipstick, and then punched 4 of the leaves--twice in Lovely Lipstick and twice in Granny Apple Green.  Then the "leaves" are layered over the flower for more dimension, and also placed as leaves below the flower.  Such a great idea!


A simple greeting (from Peaceful Moments) in Granny Apple Green, and placed over some Granny Apple Green Textured Weave ribbon finishes off this card perfectly!

I wanted to gift a customer with a little "sumthin' sumthin'" and thought this would be the perfect card.  But I needed some gift packaging, so:


This was easy to create--a (ahem - retired) gift bag tied up with matching ribbon, and a tag on the front.  Just a Stitched Rectangle with another tulip and stamped to match the card.


A pretty little gift, and my customer loved it!  

Timeless Tulips and the coordinating Tulip Builder Punch is available in the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog.  Purchase the bundle and save 10%!  And add a few items to qualify for a FREE Sale-a-Bration item!  

Timeless Tulips bundle  (item number 153793) - $32.25
Basket Weave embossing folder (#151797) - $9.00
Granny Apple Green Textured Weave ribbon (#146920) - $7.50
Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) - $4.00

FREE Sale-a-Bration item!  Yippee!



Product List

No comments: