Sunday, February 16, 2020

Sale-a-Bration, Round 2

Yes, it's about to make a debut - Round 2 of Sale-a-Bration!  A release of additional FREE products will begin on March 3rd, to celebrate the ending of the best time of the Stampin' UP! year.

As a demonstrator, I get access to some of these goodies early, and this was one opportunity I didn't pass up!  The So Very Vellum Specialty Designer Series Paper is something that I just had to have!  Take a look:


See that beautiful light purple color?  With the embossing?  THAT'S one of the gorgeous colors (Purple Posy) that comes in the pack.  There is also Pool Party and Soft Sea Foam...swoon...

I thought I'd try using this with the new Birthday dies, a coordinating item to the Happy Birthday to You stamp set.  The dies are available for purchase now.  So let's see what I made.


I started by stamping the cake from the stamp set on Whisper White paper, using Tuxedo Black ink.  I then stamped it again on the vellum, using Versamark, and heat embossed it with Black embossing powder.  After cutting both pieces with the coordinating dies, I layered the vellum piece over the white one, creating a Purple Posy cake.


And then those flowers!  What I love about the dies is that you can cut out the entire cake (including the flowers) and you can also cut just the flowers.  Which allows you to layer them over the cake for some added dimension.  I colored my flowers with Purple Posy and Highland Heather Stampin' Blends, along with Granny Apple Green, Lovely Lipstick and Mango Melody.  Then I added some Wink of Stella and a Noble Peacock Rhinestone for some added bling.  So pretty!


My cake was adhered to a Whisper White Stitched So Sweetly frame, and then on top of the vellum, cut with the Stitched Rectangle dies.


The cake stand is another die included in the set, which I cut with Gorgeous Grape.  And I stamped a greeting from Varied Vases, punching it out with the Classic Label punch.


 So watch for the second release of FREE products, coming March 3rd.  I am sure you'll find something to love!

Product List





No comments: