Thursday, February 20, 2020

A Pot of Tulips

Remember flowerpot cards?  They were all the rage MANY years ago, when I was a relatively new stamper.

But with the release of the Tulip punch, Timeless Tulips and the new Pleased as Punch designer series papers, I decided to pull out this oldie-but-goodie and see what I could do.  And I like it!


Isn't that cute?

So first, the flowerpot:


My old (very old) template was much smaller.  The size of the tulip flowers cut with the new punch would have WAY overshadowed that pot.  So I had to come up with something new.

This is a 4-1/4" x 11" piece of Terracotta Tile cardstock, scored at 4-1/4"  and 9".  I used the scallop from the Seasonal Layers dies for the edge and ran the rest of it through the Stone embossing folder. I folded on the 4-1/4" score line and folded on the 9" line to make the front.  Then I measured from 3/4" from each end (on the bottom fold) and trimmed to the edge to make the shape of the pot.  Finished it off with some Petal Pink Organdy Stripe ribbon.

 For the insert (Terracotta Tile, 3" x 6-1/4" and Whisper White, 2-7/8" x 6-1/8") I first stamped part of the stems from the Timeless Tulips using Granny Apple Green ink.  Then I added a few leaves.

The tulips were simply punched from the Pleased As Punch DSP using the Tulip punch, then either glued directly to the insert or popped up with Dimensionals.


The insert fits into the flowerpot:

 and is ready for mailing.

Except...it's too large for a standard envelope.  Lucky for me I have an Envelope Punch Board (were you lucky enough to get one off the Clearance Rack?), so I just used the same tulip DSP and created a custom envelope for my card:


With it now being tulip season here in Oregon, I know I'll be creating many more flowerpot cards!  Try it!


Product List




No comments: