Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Tropical Packaging

I love to use our Designer Series Paper to make gift packaging, and here's an example of my latest creation:


Isn't that cute?

The Tropical Oasis paper is the bomb!  I love the beach-y images and retro feel, and the page with all the fruit just makes me smile.  So when I needed to wrap up a special gift for a customer, this is what I reached for.



I started by measuring the goods I needed to wrap, obtaining a length, width and height.  Then I added 1-3/4" to each measurement (to make up for the height of the box), ending up with a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock cut to 9" x 11-5/8" (for the box bottom).  This was scored at 1-3/4" on all four sides, the corners were snipped and the box bottom was folded into shape.

For the top, I added just a smidge to all the sides (to give it room to fit over the bottom), and used the Tropical Oasis paper.

Then it was time to decorate my box.


I started with the pineapple dies from the In the Tropics dies.  I cut the pineapple body with Mango Melody cardstock and "dirtied" it up with some Soft Suede sponging.  I used the die to trace the pineapple body and hand-snipped it with Daffodil Delight to layer under the die-cut piece.  The top was cut with Old Olive cardstock that was sponged with some Mossy Meadow.

The flower was stamped and cut out, and I used the Well Written dies to cut out "thanks", which was adhered to some Braided Trim.  Did you catch that little leaf?  The Tropical Oasis Trinkets are the perfect embellishment to anything you make with this suite.


My customer was delighted with her free products in this adorable box.

And I'm already looking forward to coming up with my next gift-packaging idea!


Product List



No comments: