Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Wednesday's What's On the Desk?

I haven't done a "What's on the Desk" in a long time, but I finally had some time to play and pulled out my box of orphaned card pieces - those that don't get onto finished cards.  It was pretty sad, as I had quite a lot to choose from.  So I narrowed it down to these:


I played with a few pieces:


and ended up with these:



So, what to make?  I decided the Parisian Blossoms Designer Series Paper needed some more color:


Yes, I like this a bit more.  So time to start:


First I cut a Stitched So Sweetly rectangle of the DSP with the script in silver.


But when I added it to the card, I felt it was a bit busy, so I decided on a piece of Vellum:


The Vellum mutes the paper just enough that it doesn't compete with the floral.


I embossed my Petal Pink scalloped circle with the Scripty embossing folder to mimic the DSP.

And I cut three "merci"s using the Parisian Dies and Basic Black cardstock:


 and stacked them together to make them thicker.  Then added to my circle:


OK, now what?


OK, coming together, but it needs something:


I fussy-cut a flower from the DSP...perfect:


OK, let's put it together; that Eiffel Tower needs some Dimensionals, but they are way too big!  So I snipped a skinny piece along the side of the Dimensional sheet and added them here:


And I think the flower needs a little bling:


How about some Silver Thread?  Love!  And maybe some ribbon?

Now we're getting there, but I think I still need a little more bling.  How about the Holiday Rhinestones?  Yes, the Pool Party ones are perfect:



OK, time for the reveal:


I think I outdid myself!  😁

Here are a few more pics:




And a close up:


What do you think?  

Now go look at what's on your desk and see what you can do!

The Beautiful Parisian Blossoms Suite is available in the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog now!  


Product List





No comments: