Monday, December 9, 2019

More Christmas Cards

I was fortunate to be asked to provide a Christmas card-making class for the employees of a business near my home.  I had 9 ladies sign up to make 8 cards, so I was very busy prepping and preparing for their class.  Not being sure of their stamping experience, I wanted cute cards that were not too hard for a beginning stamper.

Today I bring you one of the cards we made:


This super-cute card was a great "first" card, as it wasn't too difficult, but it had lots of fun details, starting with the background.  I thought the attendees should get familiar with the Stamparatus, so they first stamped their card base with the Crackle Paint background stamp.


I had pre-cut the circles, so all they needed to do was create their snowy scene - they stamped a cabin, the trees and the river, then mounted their stitched shape circle onto a Shaded Spruce scalloped circle and then a Night of Navy Layering Circle.  Simple!

The label was stamped and cut with a retired punch, and they learned how to cut their Gold Foil label in half to layer under the white one.  Easy!


Finally they put it all together, layering the Wrapped in Plaid DSP onto a strip of Whisper White, adding the stamped elements, and finishing with a few Holiday Rhinestones.  Done!

And here is Susan, proud of her first cards, while Lisa finishes hers!



I'll be featuring the other cards we made throughout the week, so c'mon back for more holiday cards you still have time to make!


Product List



No comments: