Monday, December 16, 2019

Another Gift Card Holder

I recently shared a pop-up gift card holder that we made in a Christmas card class.  Today I'm bringing you another version of the same card, one that I created for my grandson.


Ethan LOVES to read.  So much so, that his parents bought him a Kindle for his 9th birthday in October.  He was going to the library every day, and was running out of books to read.  So all he is asking for for Christmas is some gift cards with which he can download more books.  I'm happy to oblige!

So I had this idea to make Santa in a chimney on the front of his gift card holder.  Let's take a close look:

I love the Santa from Holly Jolly Christmas.  After stamping the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I colored it with Stampin' Blends.  Then I used the coordinating dies to cut out the image.



And I used the Snowfall Accents puff paint to make some realistic-looking fur on Santa's hat, cuffs and jacket:



The gift card holder is a piece of Thick Whisper White, cut 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 2" and 7-1/2".  The bottom piece folds up, and the top folds down to meet in "just about" the middle.


I used the Basket Weave embossing folder to create the look of the roof, using Basic Black, then embossed Cherry Cobbler with the Brick & Mortar folder to make the chimney.


As the card is opened:



 the holder inside pops up, revealing the gift card.

Now those of you who know me know that I am NOT a fan of Amazon, so this is NOT an endorsement of the company.  But that's how my grandson buys his books, so...


I think he'll be a happy boy after seeing what Santa brought him this year!


Product List




No comments: