Tuesday, February 26, 2019

A Card for a Vet

Update:  After this card was posted, I was contacted by a fellow demonstrator who also heard about this story.  She sent me this link so if you'd like to see how many cards Joe is getting, take a look (so far he's up to 16,000!).


Last week I saw a message on the Stampin' Up! home page asking for cards to be sent to a veteran who is celebrating his 100th birthday.  He was asking to receive 100 cards.

Well with that kind of advertising I'm pretty sure he'll get his 100 cards...maybe 100 times over!  But I had to jump on the band wagon and here is the card I sent to Joe Cuba:


I pulled out High Tide, which needed a little love.  And I decided to use red, white and blue, starting with the Happiness Blooms Memories and More Cards and Envelopes.  These are great cards, oversized, navy blue with envelopes with navy and white stripes on the flap.  They also include small note cards, 10 of each of the large and small.  And the inside of the cards are white.  Nice!

I used my Stamparatus (item number 146276) to stamp the lighthouse, sand and water.  It's so easy to line up the images and get a perfect stamp each time!  The only ink color used is Night of Navy.  I stamped off some of the images to make the image lighter, but it's all done with the one color.


Once the stamping was done, I sponged the edges of the panel, again using Night of Navy ink.  Then I trimmed it down and layered it on a piece of Navy cardstock.

For the inside:


This seemed like a fitting sentiment.

Wishing Joe a very happy 100th birthday, and thanking him for his service.

You can purchase the Happiness Blooms notecards which are current in the Occasions Catalog.  And if you have a $50 purchase, you'll also pick up a Sale-a-Bration item for FREE!  Take a look at the Occasions, Sale-a-Bration, and Second Release Sale-a-Bration brochures.  I'm sure you'll find something fabulous!


Product List




No comments: