Saturday, February 2, 2019

Humming Along

I've often lamented that life gets in the way of the things I like to do.  And once again, I'm singing the blues.  A quick recap of my last three weeks - not for sympathy, but my excuse for few posts.

Many of you know that my elderly parents have been living alone on the east coast, while their three kids (me included) live on the "left coast".  We've been trying for several years to move them to California (from Cape Cod, MA).  Well, in December, my dad finally agreed to make the move. My mom was getting a little too hard to care for by himself.  So he put the house up for sale - it sold - and my brother and I flew back there in early January.  Last week we made the move.  My brother loaded a U-Haul truck with their belongings and set off across the country.  A few days later, I finished a long check list of things to finish, and we flew back to CA.

I thought all was well, but two days later, my mom was hospitalized - the move was just too much for her 90-year old self.  So I've spent the last week driving my dad back and forth to the hospital, trying to assist the staff in managing my mom and still hoping that our plans for their permanent residence will work out.

There...that's my so-called life right now, and it's been far too long since I've posted anything I have made, but today I want to share a pretty card using the Humming Along set from the Occasions Catalog.  Take a look:


I was playing with Brusho - little pots of powder that, when sprinkled with water, bursts forth with color!  After experimenting with both the blues and the yellows, I decided to incorporate the Brusho'd pieces on this card.


My first attempt was the blue.  I sprinkled the Brusho on Watercolor Paper and spritzed it with water, and shazaam - a beautiful background was born!.  Next came yellow--again on Watercolor Paper, but this time I laid down a wash of water using an Aquapainter, and then sprinkled on the Brusho...and again, a lovely piece of art!

So how to dress these up?  I cut them with the Rectangle Stitched Framelits and adhered them to a piece of Balmy Blue (mounted on Thick Whisper White).  


The hummingbird and the flower were stamped with Tuxedo Black and colored with Blends; then I cut them with the coordinating Hummingbird Framelits dies.  

The sentiment is from Butterfly Gala, and was perfect for my lovely niece.


Have you tried Brusho?  I'll be doing a lot more experimenting with this fun medium and will share more creations with it.  

I hope you liked today's card; thanks for visiting!


Product List


1 comment:

bonniemon said...

So sorry to hear this, Priscilla! I had no idea! I'm wondering; are you with your sister or here in No. Cal.?