Sunday, February 10, 2019

A Card for the Seniors

Last week I did something new - I taught a Card Class at the Senior Center in my community.  I've been volunteering there for about 10 months, working at the front desk (I am a great greeter! 😊) and I also take blood pressures once a month (I'm a retired nurse).  So when I was asked about teaching a card class, I was delighted.

I had 11 participants, all brand new stampers.  I prepared two fairly simple cards, that I felt would be an easy introduction but still make them all successful.  The first one I shared with you here.

Today I'm showcasing the second:


I gave everyone a card base, two pieces of Whisper White cardstock, two rectangles of the Brights Designers Series Paper, and a Whisper White oval that I had cut with the Layering Ovals prior to class.


We used the new Vibrant Vases stamp set, stamping the daisies on the oval with Tuxedo Black ink.  Then the attendees colored the center of the flowers and the leaves with Stampin' Blends.

A quick punch with the coordinating Vases Builder Punch (I pre-embossed the cardstock strips with the Subtle embossing folder) and we were just about done.  

This card came in two colors:


And everyone went home happy.  (As I was leaving the employee at the front desk said she heard "rave reviews" and the volunteer working said that everyone had to show him their cards!) 😄

Looking forward to introducing more people to my passion...if you would like to attend one of my classes, drop me a line and I'll be sure to include you on my next invite!

Product List









No comments: