Thursday, February 1, 2018

Gift Bag for a Friend

As I noted the other day, today is the day I retired, after 19 years of working at Sutter Medical Foundation.  My colleague, Lori, has been my friend and co-worker, a huge support, my ally, and my partner in crime.  😇  I will miss her dearly.

Lori and I have some Alex and Ani bracelets, and I found the perfect one to gift her before taking my leave.  It's a "friendship" bracelet, with two arrows "each pointing in different directions, but crossing over their hearts"--I felt it would signify our years of working together.

And of course I HAD to make it pretty:


Pulling out one of my small "handle" bags, I decorated it with the gorgeous Painted with Love Specialty Designer Series Paper.  The gold foil accents in this paper give it a rich look and a textured feel--LOVE IT!  💗

I measured the length and width of the bag and cut a piece of the DSP to the same size (actually shorter than the height of the bag, as I chose to add more gold foil at the top).  This was adhered to the front using Tear & Tape Adhesive.


For the top of the bag, I cut a length of Gold Foil Sheets and ran it through the Big Shot with the Simple Stripes Embossing Folder.  Adding a little scallop of Rich Razzleberry to the top and bottom gave a little "frill".


Using the heart die from the Lots to Love Box Framelits Dies, I cut a Melon Mambo and a Peekaboo Peach heart,and embossed them.  The banner shape in the Lots to Love Box set was cut with Rich Razzleberry, and "friend" comes from the Lovely Words Thinlits Dies, cut with Gold Foil.

Pretty packaging...always makes the simple gifts even more special!


Product List

2 comments:

Laurie/Paul said...

Congratulations on your retirement!! You will wonder how you got everything done because you will fill up your days so fast!😊

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Laurie; already starting to fill these days...how does that happen?