Saturday, February 24, 2018

Cheers to Birthdays

It's my son's birthday (Happy birthday, Evan!) and since he's the kind of guy who likes to brew his own beer, I thought this would be a fitting card:


I love the Bubble Over stamp set, and had a great time combining this with the Wood Crate framelits dies.  Thought I'd send Evan a 6-pack!

The card base is Bermuda Bay, cut 5-12/" x 8-1/2'" and folded in half.  Then there is a layer of Early Espresso, followed by one more layer of Whisper White--this really makes the focal layer pop!

The Bubbles and Fizz Designer Series Paper is a FREE Sale-a-Bration offering, and coordinates perfectly with the Bubble Over set.  The Bermuda Bay stripes sheet was my pick for a background for my 6-pack.


I stamped 6 bottles using Early Espresso ink, and cut them all out with the Bottles and Bubbles Framelits dies.  Then I lined up 5 of them and placed the wood crate over them (I only cut one piece of the Wood Crate, and trimmed it to make this "flat" crate).  The Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack makes wonderful wood crates!


The one lone bottle got a special label, using Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay ink, and check out that little bottle cap!  So cute when cut with the Copper Foil paper.

And do you see these little frosty drops?


These are the Glitter and Clear Epoxy Shapes.  They are perfect for adding a little accent to bottles, bubbles to mermaids (see this card) or dew on flowers.

Purchasing the Bubble Over Suite of stamps and coordinating framelits together saves you 10%--just add the Copper Foil an ink pad and some paper, and you'll qualify for the FREE Bubbles and Fizz Designer Series Paper.  Then you can create your very own 6-packs!



Happy Birthday, Evan!

Product List

2 comments:

Patricia Roth said...

This is so very clever! This card would be quite appropriate for several gentlemen in our social circle, my son included. TFS

Stampin' Amigos said...

Glad you like it, Pat! Yes, it's great man-card. I hope you can use the idea to make one of your own. Thanks for the comment!