Sunday, February 4, 2018

Magical Treat Boxes

I had such a good time making some little treat boxes for my grandkids!  My son from Maryland was visiting for just one night last evening, and I realized I could save postage on sending my usual Valentine treats if I just send them home with him...so...


I know that Ethan, Jacob and Charlotte will enjoy what's inside, and may JUST take a peek at the boxes themselves, but I had a good time making them.  Let's take a closer look:


Using the Lots to Love Box Framelits Dies and Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper I created the three boxes in a jiffy.  Then came the decorating:


Ethan gets a wizard, complete with a sparkling ball.


Here is Jacob's dragon, breathing fire!


And Charlotte has a whimsical unicorn, with a sparkly, (Wink of Stella) rainbow-colored mane.

Each image, stamped with the Magical Day stamps and Tuxedo Black ink, were colored with Stampin' Blends.  They were then cut, using the coordinating Magical Mates Framelits dies (this comes as a bundle with the stamps, saving you 10%).  They were all mounted on a Layering Circle of the DSP, and then on a scalloped circle of the Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper.


The boxes were stuffed with their favorite Sour Patch Kids candy and then were tied with a ribbon from the FREE Sale-a-Bration Shimmer Ribbon Pack.  I also added a little tag, cut with the Popcorn Box Thinlits and the "love" from the Lovely Words Thinlits.

Matt left early (EARLY) this morning, and is now 3000 miles away.  And I bet these little boxes are in pieces with all the candy gone.

But hey, I got to blog about them, right?  😁

Product List

2 comments:

bonniemon said...

Yay for seeing your son!! And the boxes are adorable! (I'm impressed that you were able to make them AND get good pics of them before sending them off with him!)

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Bonnie...and I was "self-impressed" too! :) I had to wait until he went to bed to finish them, and then snap photos; and then he got us up at 3:45 AM to say goodbye! Fortunately it was my second day of retirement, so I could go back to bed and sleep in a bit!