Thursday, March 16, 2017

Wonderful Weekend, Part II

I told you about my wonderful weekend (here), but only the first day...Yes, there is more!  After surprising my sister for her birthday, we spent Sunday celebrating the coming of her first grandchild!  My niece is expecting her son in May; I figured there would be a baby shower and I wouldn't be able to get there (we're 400 miles apart), but when we started planning my sister's surprise birthday party, I asked my niece if there was any way to get her baby shower happening on the same weekend.  (Selfish of me?)

Her sister jumped into high gear (with my sister grumbling and wondering why this had to happen on THIS particular weekend--she was SO clueless!), and a lovely baby shower was planned for Sunday.  How fun to be able to participate; I got to see my own daughter and grandkids, we "showered" at a lovely tea house in Old Town Pasadena, and I got to enjoy watching my sister celebrating her daughter and grandson-to-be.  A lovely time had by all...

My card:

I love Moon Baby!  I figured I didn't need another baby stamp when this came out, but the moment I saw it, something clicked, and I had to have it.  I've now used it several times, and am feeling like it's a "keeper" of a set.

Look at that baby!  So cute!

I stamped him on Whisper White card stock, colored him with Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen and carefully snipped him out.  The umbrella was stamped on the Bermuda Bay print from the Brights Paper Stack, and paper-pieced on the cut-out umbrella.

The clouds are from Weather Together, and were cut with the matching framelits, Umbrella Weather.

My card base is a piece of Bermuda Bay, cut 5" x 10", and folded in half.  There's a slim border of Whisper White, and then a layer of the Bermuda Bay DSP.  I had first adhered the Bermuda Bay to a piece of Whisper White and cut out the circle, using the Layering Circles Framelits--I wanted to "lift" the Bermuda Bay layer with Dimensionals, and the extra layer of white gave it enough heft to do so without it sagging in the middle.

The sentiment (two pieces) fit perfectly into a die from the Popcorn Box Framelits dies.  They were stamped in Bermuda Bay ink and cut out with the dies.

And of course, a matching envelope is imperative:


and oh-so-easy with the Envelope Punch Board!  This is a "must have" when you are making your own custom-sized cards!  A coordinating piece of DSP from the Brights Paper Stack made the perfect carrier for my cute card.

Shower done, we headed for home...a long journey but one with happy memories of a wonderful weekend!

Products used are listed here; click on the photo to be taken to my online store:


Product List

No comments: