Sunday, March 5, 2017

A Week of Thanks

Two weeks ago, while teaching a card class, I received a call from my "real" job.  I manage physician offices, and we had a power failure.  The electricity had already been off for about two hours when I got the call, and my colleague was expressing concern about our vaccines.  We have about $200,000 worth of vaccines in our two buildings, spread through six offices.  So I joined my buddy at 9 p.m. and started checking refrigerator temperatures.  Shockingly, in that short period of time, the refrigerators were already getting warmer, and we knew that our vaccines would be in jeopardy of spoiling within an hour or two.  Since our emergency services and local electricity supplier had no idea how long it would take to restore power, we jumped into high gear, contacted a number of employees and started packing up our vaccines to be moved to another facility about a mile away.

BIG JOB!  Especially when you are trying to do it by the flashlight on your cell phone!

So there we were, running around in the dark, 10 of us trying to find empty boxes, locating keys to the locked refrigerators, piling vaccines carefully into the boxes and loading them into cars (we had 3 packed and ready to go).

We sent two cars off and headed to our second building, where I was dreading the packing of all our Allergy antigen...lots of individual bottles for each patient, mixed by hand.  N.O.T.  F.U.N.

And just as we began the process the lights came back on!  Hallelujah!  And then we got to unpack everything...at 11 p.m.

Anyway, the gist of this long story, is that I had a lot of folks to thank.  So this week I'll share the thank-you cards that I made; each had a nice Starbucks gift card tucked inside.  Let's just say the recipients were happy, and I was SO grateful!

Number one -

To my wonderful colleague, Lois, who called me and got the whole ball rolling.  A simple, beautiful card using the Bold Butterfly Framelits and Butterflies Thinlits dies.



I started with a Thick Whisper White base, on which I sponged Sweet Sugarplum and Rich Razzleberry inks.  The Whisper White and Basic Black layers were adhered together and I ran them through the Big Shot with the larger butterfly from the Bold Butterfly Framelits.  This created an opening in the middle of the card.

Then I cut the largest Butterfly Thinlit using Basic Black, and stuck it in the hole created, adhering it on the base with the color showing through.  So pretty!

The sentiment is from Thankful Thoughts, and is stamped in Rich Razzleberry.


I finished by swiping the brush of Clear Wink of Stella on the butterfly...I think you can see some of the sparkle here.

I'll be sharing my thank you cards this week; c'mon back for more ideas.

Click on the pic below to shop in my on-line store. 


Product List

No comments: