Tuesday, March 28, 2017

It's Time for a Birthday!

Another birthday in the Ivler clan, today being the 10th birthday of my granddaughter, Vickie.  Here's her card:

Cool Treats is such a fun set, and with the matching Tasty Treats Designer Series Paper, this card came together in minutes.

I saw this layout on another blog, but for the life of me, cannot remember who's it was.  I made a quick sketch of their card, and forgot to mention where I found it...so if this is yours, thank you!

My base is Whisper White Thick cardstock, with a skinny layer of Early Espresso and then a full panel of one of the specialty papers in the Tasty Treats pack.  I love this paper--the clear, glossy coating on the page give a very rich feel to the card.  And the best part?  NO stamping on it!  Let the background paper do the work!

I stamped the cone on Crumb Cake cardstock, and then cut it out with the coordinating framelits.  The die has a texture that makes this look like a real ice cream cone!

The ice cream was stamped in Flirty Flamingo and Watermelon Wonder.  Watermelon Wonder is one of my favorite colors, and it will be retiring soon (get your fill now, before the retiring list is published; once the news gets out, this color will disappear quickly!).  Once stamped and cut with the framelit, I brushed some Wink of Stella over it--can you see the sparkle?

The sentiment is one long "strip"; I stamped it and cut it apart to make it fit on my card.

And of course a special card needs a special envelope:

I added some more of the Designer Series Paper to the flap--a preview of what's to come!

Happy Birthday, Vickie!

Supplies used are listed below; click on a picture to shop in my online store.


Product List

No comments: