Saturday, May 14, 2016

Where has this week gone?  I stayed up last Saturday to post a Mother's Day card, and now it's Saturday again...how DOES that happen?

Well I have had time to do some crafting.  Maybe that's it--did I lose track of time in my craft room and week just flew by?  Nah...But I have done some cards and I'll share them with you starting now.

This is a shaker card I made for my grandson, Ethan.  Ethan is five, and loves the moon, stars and anything "space".  So when I saw Going Global in the Occasions Catalog, I knew I had to have it for Ethan.  Add the matching Going Places Designer Series Paper, and I'm all set for lots of cards for him!

The "world" was stamped using Archival Black Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock.  I used brand new Foam Adhesive Strips (coming June 1!), shaping them into a circle around my world, added a bunch of punched stars and Brights Sequins, and added a circle of Window Sheet.   I punched a 2" circle in the DSP, lined it up over my world and adhered it.  Then I used lots of Dimensionals to pop this layer up on my card base.

The sentiment was embossed with Gold Embossing Powder and punched with various circle punches, layered on Basic Black and Gold Foil.  And my card was finished off with a piece of retired Thick Bakers Twine.

And look what he wrote in school the other day:
Love it!

Don't miss out on Going Global--this set is retiring at month end, along with items listed here.

Purchase your favorite items here



No comments: