Saturday, May 7, 2016

Another Mother's Day Card

Here's a fun way to start using up some of your Designer Series Papers that are about to retire.

 If you're like me, you tend to hoard your papers, and suddenly are faced with the ability to order more and - hello! - where do you put them?  All your storage space is already filled with tons and tons of Designer Series Papers!

Time to clear out, so I started with my very favorite, Birthday Bouquet, and created a sweet Mother's Day card for my MIL:


I started with a base of Mossy Meadow (sniff...retiring!) and added a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White.  Then I took a 4" square piece of the Designer Series Paper and cut it on a diagonal, leaving about an inch at the bottom left  and about 3/4" at the top, right side.  Adhering the two pieces to the front of my card left just about an inch of white in the middle--perfect for stamping a little sentiment (retired).


Then it was time to decorate--I continued using my retiring In Colors and cut lots of flower pieces with the Botanical Builder Framelits Dies, using Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey and Blackberry Bliss.


The flowers and leaves (Mossy Meadow) were layered with Tombow Liquid Glue and Dimensionals, and I dotted the flower centers with the Signo White Gel Pen (also retiring - what?)

I made the inside a bit more fancy:

Someone called this a "mother-in-law" card--not too much space to have to write anything :)

All supplies can be purchased (for a little longer) here.  But don't wait; those In Colors are going fast!



No comments: