Monday, May 23, 2016

May's Card Club Showcasing All New

We had a good time at my May Card Club, playing with lots of new things.  I have two cards to share with you today and tomorrow, featuring new stamps, inks, and papers!  How fun!

First up:   Painters Palette

Normally when I prep my packets for Card Club, I choose the stamps, the ink colors and the cardstock, and have everything ready to stamp and put together.  This month, however, I decided to let my attendees choose what they wanted.

Everyone got a card base of Dapper Denim (a new In Color coming your way on June 1st!).  But from there, it was stamper's choice.  The ink splats and swishes (behind the sentiment), as well as the background colors and thumbtack were all available in the new In Colors and everyone got to choose.  It was such fun to see the process of "will this card be for a male or female?" and then go from there.

My sample was  done using Sweet Sugarplum "splats", and then running it through the Big Shot with the Brick Wall embossing folder for our background.

I chose Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo for my swishes, and then I cut out my top square using the new Layering Squares Framelits--the scalloped one for the top, and then using Emerald Envy and Dapper Denim for my next two layers.

We also used the new Whisper White Thick Bakers Twine (also coming soon), and then we stamped and fussy-cut our thumbtack--adorbs!

You'll be able to order these wonderful new In Colors in just over a week!  In the meantime, don't forget to get your favorite retiring items--they are going fast, and will soon be gone!  Here's the link to the current list, and you can place your orders here.


No comments: