Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Very Special Occasion

Well here it is, May, already!  And this month I'll be celebrating a very special occasion--my parents' 65th wedding anniversary.  Can you imagine?  65 years!

My dad is quite excited to throw a party.  Now know that my folks are 3000 miles away from their 3 kids (we live in California, they live on Cape Cod, Massachusetts), so planning a party is not quite a cake walk, but we're managing; phone calls and e-mails is somehow doing the trick so far.

My dad asked me to create some invitations; I thought it would be lovely to share a photo of their wedding day.  So here is what I made:



Coming out of the (decorated!) envelope, is this card with a belly-band.  I stamped the numbers from Number of Years with Basic Black ink, cut them out with the Large Numbers Framelits dies, and isolated just one word from a phrase (years) and cut it with the banner from the framelits set.  They are adhered to a Gold Foil oval, embossed with a (sneak peek!) new embossing folder.

The belly band is a strip of Basic Black (12" x 1-1/2"), and I embossed each end.  Then I touched up the embossing with Gold Wink of Stella:


Can you see the glimmer?


Slide off the belly band to see the card:

I printed the photo, mounted it to a skinny layer of Gold Foil, and this went onto a layer of Very Vanilla and a Basic Black card base.


The inside is simple; my dad wrote the words for his invitation, and I merely printed them directly onto Very Vanilla cardstock.


I made 15 of these (and please note that I don't DO multiples!), but I was very happy with the end result:
 (Infinity shot--lots of invites!)

Looking forward to my trip east to celebrate this special day!

All supplies can be purchased here.


No comments: