Friday, April 29, 2016

CASEing Round 2

I recently shared the term CASE (see that post here).  Today I have another sample from our April Card Club that was inspired by a swap I received at convention.

Gisela Suski made this card:
I started to copy it, but decided to use some retiring In Colors.  Then I decided to skip the Woodgrain Embossing folder...oh, and decided to turn my card sideways...oh, and I wanted to add some bling...and...

...I ended up with this:

Now it's easy to see where I got my inspiration, but after that, the entire card is different.  I decided to skip the sentiment--this card could be used for a variety of things, so I can always add one later.

After stamping on Whisper White, I added two strips of cardstock down the left side--Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss, trimmed with the Stampin' Trimmer and Rotary Addition, along with the Small Scallop blade (hello!  this is retiring--get one before it's too late!).  Then I tied some Blackberry Bliss Stitched Satin Ribbon around my layer.  I also cut a Foil Doily (one of the small silver ones) in quarters, and slipped three pieces under the ribbon for a little shine.  I finished with Rhinestone Basic Jewels in the centers of the flowers, just like Gisela did.

Side by Side:

Two great cards, same stamps, two different looks!   Try CASEing and see what you come up with!

All products can be purchased here.



No comments: