Friday, June 2, 2023

Warm Hello

 I stamped and colored an image from Circle Sayings the other day,  just for fun, and then decided I needed to use it on a card.

So here is the end product:


We've finally started getting some sunshine and warmer days here in Oregon, and I just felt like coloring some of it.  I love this little image in the Circle Sayings set; it's quick and easy to color and is a warm and cheery image, don't you think?


Once the image was colored in Lemon Lolly and Boho Blue (along with some Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Tahitian Tide and Misty Moonlight) I cut it with the Stylish Shapes dies.  There is a coordinating circle punch, but I wanted to add a few larger circles to my card, so I used the nesting circles.

The larger circles were colored with Blending Brushes, and the little "rays of light" stamp was added.


But I needed a greeting, and was running out of room with all the circles, so I cut some squares using the same die set, and colored them to match.  Then I stamped the greeting from Circle Sayings (it's actually one stamp, but I only inked up half of it for each square).


Choosing a background was the next thing to do, and I couldn't decide which color to highlight...so I used both!  Split the card in half and added both Boho Blue (to the top, where it's mostly Lemon Lolly colors) and Lemon Lolly to the bottom (where it's mostly Boho Blue).  And I embossed the pieces with one of the Basics Embossing Folders, which has a pattern like starfish on it.  I thought that was fitting for a beachy card, no?


So how's that for creating after a little coloring?  I think it turned out just right!  


Product List

No comments: