Tuesday, June 13, 2023

A BIG Anniversary

40 years!  Yeah, I would say that's a BIG anniversary, wouldn't you?  

Today marks the 40th anniversary of my brother and sister-in-law's wedding.  And yes, they are still happily married 😊

So I had to make a special card:


 What do you think?  Dramatic?  Cheerful?  Happy?  Celebratory?  

These were all the feelings I was trying to convey, and I am thinking I got it right.


First, those numbers.  I know...retired dies.  But sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do, and these dies will live in my stash forever - they are THAT good!  

I cut them and then used Blends, lightly coloring and blending all the way down the die-cut.  But the rest of the card is so simple!


The numbers are mounted to a simple Basic White circle (the now-retired Layering Circle dies, which will also live in my craft room forever!).  Then a skinny layer of Basic Black.

The black frame was cut with the Radiating Stitches dies, one of my favorite dies.  And check out that little heart!  Also from the Radiating Stitches set, I cut it out and heat-embossed the "love" in white.


Everything is layered onto a Thick Basic White card base, and I finished with a few Classic Matte Dots in black and white.

Wishing my bro and his bride a beautiful anniversary!  


Product List

No comments: