Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Old and New

I love mixing stamp sets and dies, and in this case, older stamps with newer products:


 The "old" is the Artfully Layered stamp set, used for the background, the leaves, and the greeting, and the Tropical Layers dies.   These items will be retiring at the end of the January - June 2022 Mini Catalog, on June 30.

The "new" is the fabulous colors and that wonderful frame.

First, the stamps:


I started with a 3-1/2"x 4-3/4" piece of Basic White, on which I stamped the background text using Orchid Oasis ink (stamped off one time).  The leaves were stamped with Parakeet Party ink, and the large palm leaf was stamped with Starry Sky, then colored with the Light Starry Sky Stampin' Blend.  The same color was used to stamp the greeting.


Can you see the little diamonds cut into the paper?  That great texture comes from one of the dies in the set.  I randomly cut the pattern in a few spots on the layer.


And look at that great frame!  The new Fabulous Frames contains one large die that cuts and embosses this frame, all at the same time.  I used Tahitian Tide cardstock for the frame, which was popped up on Adhesive Strips.  

The greeting was cut with another new set of dies - Stylish Shapes.  I love the stitched look!


Once the card was complete, I added a few of the In Color Matte Decorative Dots, one each in Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Party and Starry Sky.  

Are you looking forward to the new In Colors?  I think they are a great group of colors, and they make me very happy!  I hope they'll do the same for you!

Need a new 2022-23 Annual Catalog?  I'd love to send you one; contact me to find out how you can get one for FREE!



I'd love to be your Stampin' UP! Demonstrator!



Product List

No comments: