Saturday, April 2, 2022

Drowning in Paper!

Help!  I've got tons of beautiful Designer Series Paper and just ordered some more from the Stampin' UP! 2022-23 Annual Catalog pre-order.  What to do?

I decided to take a fellow demo's advice (Kylie Bertucci is from Australia) and "love it, chop it!"  She advocates cutting up your pretty papers so you use them and don't just hoard them (to enjoy looking at them but never putting them to use - like, who does that?  ✋).  

So...the other night I realized I had a number of almost-used-up paper packs that each contained 1-2 full-size, 12" x 12" pieces.  Choosing the lovely Expressions in Ink paper, I started by cutting one of them into 4" strips, then cutting those down to 5-1/4", leaving me with a six pieces that would be perfect for a card front.  Then I got busy:


These gorgeous cards just about made themselves!  The beautiful gold veining in each piece is stunning!  Let's look at each.

First is the patterned paper mounted on a Shaded Spruce card base after heat embossing the greeting from Artistically Inked.  All it needed was a knot of Gold Shimmer Ribbon, and this elegant card was done!


Here's a second, also using Shaded Spruce for the card base, with gold-embossed greeting from Sweet as a Peach.  This one got Gold Glitter Dots for embellishment:


Possibly my favorite, another sentiment from Flowing Flowers, mounted on Old Olive, and includes the Glitter Dots:


Here's a another Flowing Flowers sentiment:


For those of you lucky enough to score the FREE Sale-a-Bration set, Special Moments - I love the understated elegance of this sentiment:


And finally, one more terrific font from Flowing Flowers:


Since I need a hostess gift for a dinner party I'm attending tonight, I thought this would be perfect:


I had one more piece of the paper, on which I embossed the "thank you" and trimmed it to fit inside an Acetate Card Box, tied up with a gold bow.  


Many of the items used are currently on the Last Chance List of retiring products.  They are only available while supplies last.  Check out the list here.  And order soon, because these things are flying out the doors!  

Product List

No comments: